5 Types of Window Tints That you Should Try for Your Car Today
Window tinting is the most convenient way to increase privacy and prevent sunlight and harmful UV rays from entering your car. Window tint alongside maintaining your car’s temperature, it also keeps the belongings safe and secure. There are many types of window tinting and they are available in a variety of materials, tint and also with unique attributes. Some are transparent tints that are designed for visual enhancement, and others provide infrared protection with superior clarity Each and every tint film is unique in its own way. Before choosing one for your car, go beyond your thinking and explore different types of tint films.
Learn about its features, benefits, and then choose the best one for yourself. This article will give you an idea and helps you to decide the best film for your car.
Why is Window Tinting Important?
Window tinting is a fantastic and cost-effective way to improve the look of your car and acquire privacy. These tints can also be called privacy window film for cars because it doesn’t allow the peepers to check out your belongings or people inside the car. The tint also protects against harmful UV rays, heat, and sunlight that can add tan to your skin and cause skin problems too. The different types of tint films are as follows:-
Types of Window Tinting
- Hybrid tint
The Hybrid tint is the combination of dye and metalized tints that are rolled together. It adds strength and provides UV-blocking benefits of the materialized tints that are scratch-resistant and do not fade quickly.
- It appears opaque from the outside of the vehicle.
- It stops sunlight from penetrating inside.
- It is neither too dark and nor too reflective.
- It blocks heat, glares, and harmful UV rays which is safe for skin
- It is durable, reduces fading on interior upholstery, and is decently bright.
- It is less expensive than metalized window tint.
Ceramic film is expensive as it does not contain dyes, metal, and carbon. This tint film is made using microscopic ceramic particles and the tint inside is non-conductive and non-reflective. The ceramic tint film has been newly introduced but has secured a significant position in the market.
- It is good for reducing light and heat penetration and reduces upholstery fading.
- It consists of non-conductive and non-metallic particles and does not interrupt with electrical signals.
- It is the most expensive but also the most effective one.
- It provides good visibility in the day as well as night.
- It is highly durable, doesn’t fade quickly, long-lasting, scratch-resistant, and helps in strengthening windows.
- It can block up to 99% of ultraviolet radiation which reduces the chance of skin damage.
- It isn’t as reflective and does not stop you from seeing outside.
Carbon window film has a unique matte finish and its making does not include metals. The tint film is infused with ultra-reflective carbon particles that last longer and don’t fade quickly and easily.
- Its embedded carbon particles block up to 40% of infrared light, which makes it heat-reflective and insulating.
- It is suitable for both residential and commercial buildings.
- Its authentic black appearance appeals to people the most.
- It protects your car’s interior from UV rays and reduces heat and glare
- It is durable, fade-resistant, reduces heat penetration, and increases privacy.
Metalized window tint consists of tiny metallic particles that reflect the sunlight away from the window which reduces light and heat penetration. The tints are thin, multi-layered films of dyed plastic that can be attached strongly to your window. The materials included in its making are aluminum, nickel, and copper which help in reducing heat.
- Its infused metal films block heat and UV rays more efficiently.
- The metallic particles form a thicker type of film and bonds to your car window
- It strengthens your car’s windows and reduces its chances of collapsing or shattering.
- It is scratch-resistant, shinier, and blocks the heat and UV rays.
- It is popularly recognized for its shine.
The dyed window tint is the most affordable choice but is a short-term investment. It will fade away after a while and will need to be replaced. The adhesive film consists of layers of dye that form a darker color.
- The dyed tint is a dark film for windows that shows a black appearance and appears opaque from the outside.
- The protective coating of this film is made of polyester
- The dye fades over time due to excessive sun exposure.
- It stops a fair amount of UV rays from entering your car, which keeps the interior cool
- It is affordable and popularly used to enhance the car’s aesthetics and appearance
There are many available different shades of tint for car windows. These tint films act as a barricade to the harmful UV rays and also to the eyes of people who invade other people’s privacy. Window tints are very safe when it comes to protecting your skin from scorching heat and also keeping your important things safe and secured. Contact Quality Tire, they are the most reliable names when it comes to quality window tinting.